01 Jul 2022
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
NAPA AUTO PARTS Delivery Drivers are the key to our success, delivering excellent customer service and developing long-standing relationships with our customers.
- This Operating Procedure is developed to provide a functional description of the Delivery Driver at Wilson Parts Corporation.
- The primary functions of this position are to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional delivery service in a safe and timely manner
- This person must also check invoices to ensure that the parts ordered were correctly pulled for delivery to the customer.
- The delivery driver must account for cash on COD (Collect On Delivery) orders and maintain an accurate, detailed delivery log.
- Utilize the delivery tracker program to be efficient in delivery routes.
- Delivery driver will assist in checking in stock orders and stocking products on the shelves; cleaning and routine maintenance functions for the delivery vehicle and the store; adhering to all safety rules, including the handling of hazardous materials, answering the telephone on occasion, participating in training and performing all other associated duties assigned by management
The Delivery Driver is an important member of the store team, and is primarily responsible for:
- Be functionally literate, capable of understanding and recognizing part numbers and line codes to ensure proper selection and delivery of parts, including identifying sequences of numbers and letters accurately and rapidly.
- Must be an organized person who has the ability to achieve the goals established by the Store Manager.
- Have a well-groomed, neat appearance, complying with policies on conduct and dress.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills in a professional manner
- Enjoy working with people in a fast-paced setting; be competitive yet have the ability to work calmly under pressure
- Possess a valid driver’s license with no DUI convictions and not have over one serious driving violation in the last three years. Must be deemed coverable by the Company’s insurance provider
- Have a working knowledge of the city and surrounding area the store services and be able to operate a vehicle equipped with a manual transmission (if required)
- Be able to work retail hours at any store location as assigned by management.
- Agree to participate in random drug testing whenever requested by management.
- Capable of lifting and moving merchandise of up to 60 pounds
- Able to move engine blocks, core barrels, and other heavy equipment using moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, barrel dollies etc.
- Able to bend or stoop to floor-level shelves and be able to reach upper shelves (8 feet) with use of stool or ladder.
- Able to stand and walk for the entire work shift.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively.
- Capable of recognizing and distinguishing letters and numbers (both visually and orally) and remembering their sequence.
- Be sure the correct parts are delivered to the right place.
- Handle cash/charge transactions correctly
- Handle core/parts returns appropriately
- Always leave a receipt for any items picked up.
- Maintain a delivery log to record all deliveries/pickups made.
- Ensure the security of company assets, vehicles, merchandise, building/property and personnel.
- Provide pickup service for machine shops when instructed.
Maintain customer satisfaction.
- Provide timely deliveries.
- Learn where to park and who to contact at the customer’s location.
- Practice effective communication skills.
- Report any problems immediately to the Store Manager.
- Apologize to customers if there is a problem.
- Ask about any other needs and thank customers for using NAPA
Maintain professional attitude, conduct, and appearance.
- Demonstrate a pleasant, helpful personality; SMILE!
- Adhere to company policies.
- Follow company appearance and dress standards.
- Take initiative to assist others with store duties.
Maintain delivery vehicle
- Keep delivery vehicle clean, inside and out
- No smoking or eating in delivery vehicle
- Inspect vehicle signage for damage, report any repair or replacements needed.
- Ensure the vehicle is properly licensed and that operating instructions, proof of insurance and maintenance records are stored in the vehicle.
- Properly document maintenance records, and report any vehicle requirements to management.
- Periodically check fluid levels, tire pressure, electrical devices and mechanical components.
- Fill the fuel tank at a time that will not delay deliveries.
- Report vehicle requirements, accidents, and violations to management.
- Assist in store cleanliness and maintenance; sweeping, bathroom etc.
- Keep the parking area clean and picked up.
- Help maintain building and property.
- Assist with the checking in of stock orders.
- Report all overages/shortages/ damaged merchandise.
- Properly place, display and price merchandise.
- Answer phone on occasion, when appropriate.
Participate in training
- Schedule appropriate time to complete FastTrack training.
- Participate in additional training when available.
- Work to improve technical and product knowledge.
- Attend store meetings, seminars, and clinics when appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to perform the required duties of this job.
- Assist in training others when appropriate.
Perform all other tasks as assigned by management
- Take pride in yourself, the job and the Company.
- Work with others as a team.
I have reviewed and understand the Delivery Driver job description; believe it to be accurate and complete; and I can successfully fulfill each duty or task. I also agree that management retains the right to change this job description at any time to keep it representative of the goals and objectives of the company.
Interested in this Position?
If so, we'd love to hear from you! Fill out your information below and upload your resume and we'll be in touch shortly.